Friday, December 4, 2009

Delicious "Bombones" from Argentina

This is MY FAVORITE dessert in all of Argentina.  while growing up I made it all the time.   There is noooothing like it... it is delicious!  and they are "bombones"  which google cannot translate, so let your palad do the transliteration.   
What you will need.



2 packs of galletitas Chocolinas  (picture credit).  Now I am aware these are not readily available at the Whole Foods or at the local super market, so I did some research and it turns out they sell them online!


I highly recomend you get them, you can try with other chocolate cookies but not sure if the effect will be so glorious, if you do however, do let me know how they turn out.


1 pint of dulce de leche (picture credit) which you can probably find at the supermarket in any Latino area, or, order online


1 bag of shredded coconut
Here is what to do:



Mash the chocolinas until they are like a powder.  I have fun with this part and usually enlist the help of whoever is around



Mix the dulce de leche in until you have a paste, then grab bits of it and make them into little balls, about one inch in diameter.  Yes your fingers will get dirty, but you wont mind, believe me.





Pass the balls through the shredded coconut


REFRIGERATE, THIS IS THE MAIN SECRET, for at least 30 minutes.
I know it will be hard not to start eating, but it is the refrigeration (freezer better) , that makes them hard and VERY TASTY


Enjoy responsibly, I'm not kidding

2 comments:

  1. Dulces... mi debilidad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si, la mia tambien! especialmente si incluyen algo de chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails